Dr. Swartout Biography
Benjamin G. Swartout, M.D. is a fellowship-trained subspecialist in Facial Plastic surgery. He is passionate about providing high-quality care to his patients and creating natural un-operated appearing results.
Dr. Swartout is a California native who attended college at Harvard and went on to medical school at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. He then did his internship in general surgery at New York University, followed by a specialty residency in Otolaryngology, Head & Neck surgery at New York University. Following his specialty training, he completed a fellowship in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago where he worked with Dr. Dean Toriumi. The focus of the training in Chicago was on revision rhinoplasty and the use of rib cartilage grafts.
Dr. Swartout has published numerous articles and book chapters focusing on aesthetic facial surgery, specifically rhinoplasty, revision rhinoplasty, and ethnic rhinoplasty. In his practice, he sees many patients that have had prior rhinoplasty by other surgeons and now require correction. His special interests include the development of rhinoplasty techniques to create long-lasting, favorable nasal shapes and good nasal breathing. He teaches nasal surgery to residents at Harbor UCLA both to contribute to the education of future doctors and to give back to an underserved community.
Dr. Swartout Education
- College: Harvard, Cambridge, MA
- Medical school: Albert Einstein, New York, NY
- Internship in General Surgery: New York University, New York, NY
- Residency in Otolaryngology: New York University, New York, NY
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery: Dean Toriumi at Univ of Illinois, Chicago
Dr. Swartout Academy Memberships
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery
- American Rhinologic Society